New York City is often said to be one of the best places in the world for holiday shopping. The city gets into the spirit, and many of the big stores are worth visiting for their Holiday window displays! We offer a limo service in NYC for those staying in and around the city. Take your holiday shopping to a new level and go shopping in style and comfort.
Famous places for Holiday Shopping
To start your NYC holiday shopping, it is always worth considering the most famous shops in the city. These are part shopping experience and part tourist attraction and are the most beautiful places to see during the holidays.
Bloomingdale’s opened back in 1927 and took up an entire city block on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. It has many designer ranges in store and often has some outstanding deals at this time of year, so you can grab a bargain while finishing the Christmas shopping.
Macy’s held the record as the biggest store in the world from 1924 when it opened right through until 2009, and it has 11 floors across a whole city block. There is also a resident Santa for the kids to meet during the holidays.
Best Christmas windows
Window shopping takes on a new meaning during the Christmas period and has become an integral part of the holiday experience in many cities. We often find people booking a Long Island airport car service but adding in a stop to see their favorite store’s Christmas window display before heading to their destination. Some worth stopping for include:
- Tiffany & Co: A Tiffany New York Christmas – this year’s window celebrates New York and includes everything from a pint-sized Rockefeller Centre to Christmas trees studded with diamonds
- Bergdorf Goodman: To New York With Love – this window is another to celebrate all things NYC and include cultural highlights such as the New York Philharmonic and the Botanical Gardens. The window display is a real show stopper.
- Lord & Taylor: The Best and The Brightest, this window wonderland is a Christmas themed circus that took a team of 75 people over 35,000 hours to create. If that isn’t worth viewing, we don’t know what is!
- Macy’s: Reasons to Believe – this is more than a window as not only does the store have a series of outstanding window displays but continues inside to a 13,000-square foot holiday village on the main floor
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – this year’s window is a Disney tribute celebrating the 80th anniversary of Snow White and has 14 window scenes from the movie. Some wonderfully whimsy for the festive season.
People often make use of an affordable Long Island limo service to visit the holiday markets scattered around New York at this time of the year. Our limo service in NYC does not restrict you to traveling in a limousine. We offer the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and Cadillac XTS, also a perfect choices as they are comfortable and spacious.
The Holiday Shops at Winter Village at Bryant Park starts at the end of October and goes through until January 2nd, so there’s still plenty of time to catch it. There are 150 custom designed glass kiosks indoors and outdoors with everything from toys to beauty products and lots of tasty food. At the heart of it, is the ice skating rink, and you can rent skates if you are traveling in from out of town.
Grand Central Holiday Fair takes place from November 13th until Christmas Eve and is an indoor event that features 40 vendors from around the country. There are plenty of American-made handcrafted products that use locally sourced goods including accessories, home goods, toys, artwork and even clothing.
Shopping around Long Island
While it is tempting to enjoy limo service in NYC for your holiday shopping, you can also do plenty of it around Long Island too with the various malls around the area. Roosevelt Field is one of the largest with over 240 brand name stores including NYC favorites such as Bloomingdale’s and Macy’s all under one roof.
There are also areas known for specialist types of shopping such as Cold Spring Harbor, check out the Huntington Antiques Centre among other things while you are there. If you need something for a collector of antiques, this is just the place to go.
Shopping in NYC and around Long Island will no doubt be much more enjoyable when you choose limo service in NYC. Experience comfort and safety while shopping. The hardest part can be deciding which areas to visit! Let Delux help you enjoy the festive season in complete luxury this year. Our services can be booked in advance online, with our mobile app, or by calling 24/7 reservations. 516-883-1900
Comments are closed.